Tullamore Credit Union
is now inviting applications for the following position
CEO (Ref TCU CEO 2021)
Tullamore Credit Union is a large community based credit union with over 35,000 members and assets of over €350m The credit union is embedded in the local community and our vision is to provide for the financial needs of members in a co-operative and professional manner. Our core mission is to enhance benefit and choice for our members through the range of financial services we offer, whilst continuing to lead and promote best practice in everything we do. A unique opportunity has now arisen within Tullamore Credit Union for a CEO to continue the journey and to provide direction and leadership in delivering on our strategic goals, realising the full potential of what the credit union can deliver for its members and for the community within which it operates.
Principal Responsibilities of the Role:
The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and will be primarily responsible for the management, operation and day-to-day administration of the Credit Union’s office and its staff, ensuring it performs and operates to the highest standards. He/she will act at all times within the policies as laid down by the Board, the governance and rules of the Credit Union, the Credit Union Act 1997 (as amended), and within the ethos/philosophy of the Credit Union as outlined in its 10 operating principles. The following are some of the key responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding leadership in achieving the credit unions strategic goals while supporting our values and maintaining our member focused ethos.
- Develop and maintain effective organisational structures that support team effectiveness and the development of individuals at all levels to deliver the highest possible standards of performance and service to members.
Strategy and Innovation
- Lead and support the Board and Senior Management to devise and implement a long- term strategy appropriate to the growth and development of the credit union. Oversee the implementation of the strategy and report on progress to the Board on an ongoing basis.
- Take a lead in identifying innovative opportunities for the credit union to provide new services or delivery channels for members that support agreed business strategies and/or enhance member service.
- Support continuous growth and change activity to identify and deliver change management projects that will enhance the ability of TCU to deliver on our promise to members
- Promote a collaborative, team- based approach with all internal stakeholders to support each individual in contributing to the development of our Credit Union
- Ensure optimised working relationships at multiple levels with both internal and external stakeholders, to include Members, Board, Management and Staff, Regulators, Suppliers, Representative and Other Credit Union Bodies.
Governance and Risk Management
- Ensure that robust systems and standards of financial accounting and risk management are in place to assure the financial soundness and the integrity of the Credit Union
- Develop and Implement an operational framework that will minimise risk and ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements for our Credit Union.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and the ethos of the Credit Union in treating all individuals fairly and with respect.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A strong financial services background with a forward-looking and strategic growth mind-set
- Demonstrable ability to devise, espouse and implement a strategic vision
- Strong and broad underwriting and risk management capabilities will be an advantage
- Exceptional people management and motivational skills
- Proven achievement in employee and performance management, and organisation development
- Demonstrated capabilities in business improvements and change management
- Appropriate third level degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly member-focused with an emphasis on delivery and growth
- Knowledge of and experience in technology deployment in business
Role is subject to Central Bank Fitness & Probity Regime Assessment and is a Pre-Approved Control Function
Applications including CV and cover letter by email addressed to: email@example.com
Applicants should state clearly the reference number: TCU CEO 2021
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Sept 6th.
Short listing may apply, and assessment will be done on the basis of the information provided in the application
Tullamore Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer