At Tullamore Credit Union we exist to serve our members, not to make a profit. Unlike most other financial institutions, credit unions do not have to worry about shareholders or bondholders. Our total focus is on our members who are both our customers and our owners.
How Do We Do This?
- We put people before profit. Our service is personal. We listen. Our members are the centre of everything we do.
- Our members are our owners. Our members elect our board who oversee the operations of our credit union.
- Credit union membership is a vote of confidence in our community, and supports the financial wellbeing of local people.
- We offer loans at competitive rates to our members.
- Both loans and savings are covered by FREE life insurance. (Terms and conditions apply) Click here to see details.
- We do not have any transaction fees on your cash, electronic or ATM transactions. There are no hidden fees.
- We offer a variety of services such as discounted insurances at favourable rates to credit union members.
- Our profits are reinvested so that we can offer our members a full range of convenient, flexible & competitive products and services.
LOCAL Tullamore Credit Union was created in 1963 by the community for the community. Members of our Credit Union are at the heart of everything we do and in these trying times it is more important to us than ever. We aim to give the best service possible and offer a comprehensive range of straightforward, affordable financial services to a growing number of people in Tullamore. Our Credit Union is run by a voluntary Board of Directors and Supervisors who are nominated by the Credit Union membership. These people give their time freely and willingly as their contribution to their local community.
LOYAL Since 1963 we have been supporting the local economy by issuing millions in loans annually most of which is spent in the immediate area. As we were created in the co-operative ethos all monies earned are redistributed to members or re-invested in the Credit Union to improve products and services. We strive to be at the heart of the community and promote positive action that enriches the lives of the people who live and work in our town. We also support a wide range of local charitable, sporting and community groups, both financially and otherwise.
LENDING Members of Tullamore Credit Union make regular payments into their savings accounts – this fund then provides the basis for preferential rate loans. The income generated by lending helps us meet our operating expenses, build our reserves and pay our savers a dividend (subject to surplus and at the discretion of the Board of Directors). Our members have always been encouraged to save for their future and in return they continue to:
- Receive access to a range of financial services including affordable credit for prudent purposes
- Avail of discounts on Car, Home, Travel & Health Insurances
- Have access to money management services
- Receive a return on their money