Assistant Risk & Data Protection Officer
We are looking for an Assistant Risk Officer & DPO who will report to the Risk Management Officer (RMO). As well as being responsible for all areas of Data Protection within Tullamore Credit Union (TCU), the role will also provide support across all Risk Management disciplines including: analysis of risk and controls, conducting risk assessments across TCU, review of Incident Reports, monitoring TCU’s service provider/ supplier listing, and contributing to the culture of Risk Management awareness throughout TCU.
- Work closely with the RMO, who will provide training and guidance with regards all aspects of TCU’s Risk Management Framework, including but not limited to: Risk Assessments, Risk Appetite, Incident Reporting.
- Conducting risk assessments across TCU where required.
- Maintaining TCU’s Risk Register as well as Risk Assessments related to key projects within TCU.
- Reviewing Incident Reports, ensuring they are updated with all appropriate information until formally closed.
- Maintaining the Incident Report Register.
- Maintaining the Service Provider / Supplier Register.
- Provide cover for the RMO by attending meetings.
- Working closely with the RMO to ensure that TCU is meeting its statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Overseeing Data Protection strategy and implementation to ensure compliance with all General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Reviewing and updating Data Protection policies and procedures when required.
- Monitoring Compliance in TCU with Data Protection policies and procedures.
- Maintaining comprehensive records of all Data Processing activities and their purposes.
- Interfacing with Data Subject requests.
- Primary point of contact with the Supervisory Authority in relation to Data Protection.
- Arranging Annual Data Protection training for all officers of TCU and inform / advise all staff on their Data Protection responsibilities.
- Must have or be working towards attaining appropriate Credit Union qualifications in both Risk Management and Data Protection
- Ability to analyse, report and present on data – with excellent report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Work well as part of a team, but also have the ability / drive to work independently and using initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines and in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to adapt and respond to change.
Applications should be emailed to: Careers@tullamorecu.ie.
Please put in the subject line ‘Risk & Data Protection Officer’.
Closing Date: 1st May 2021
Flexible working arrangements may be considered, if deemed appropriate for the role on offer, however, any such flexibility may change depending on the business requirements of the Credit Union
Tullamore Credit Union Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, and is an equal opportunities employer