This is an exciting opportunity for a Maternity leave cover & a 12-month fixed term Loan Officer to join our member focused credit union. To be part of a dynamic lending unit that thrives on teamwork, organisational development, and collaboration to support the financial needs of our members in the local community
The loans officer will report directly to the lending Supervisor and will support the lending unit in growing our loan book in accordance with our Strategic plan. This role is five days per week, including Saturday
Key responsibilities will include.
- Provide a first-class service to members in adherence with board policies and procedures for the delivery of loan underwriting
- Assesses loans in a consistent and diligent manner in accordance with legislation, regulation and the Standard Rules for Credit Union as well as the policies and procedures set out in the Credit Unions written Credit Policy and Procedures.
- Increase the mortgage portfolio through promoting mortgage products, and responsibility for mortgage pipeline.
- Looks after all aspects of loan administration, liaises with solicitors in relation to preforming security, ensures safekeeping of credit agreements and other relevant documentation.
- Liaises with the Marketing function and co-ordinate promotional campaigns to enhance the loan book in line with the strategic direction of the Credit Union.
The ideal candidate must have.
- QFA or other recognised professional qualification.
- Strong analytical skills, Clear and concise writing skills and an ability to perform well independently and also contribute to the success of the Central Lending Unit.
- Three or more years’ experience in a financial services organisation performing a similar role, specifically mortgage and/or small business lending.
Applications should be emailed to: Careers@tullamorecu.ie.
Please put in the subject line Lending Officer.
Closing Date: 1st May 2021
Flexible working arrangements may be considered, if deemed appropriate for the role on offer, however, any such flexibility may change depending on the business requirements of the Credit Union
Tullamore Credit Union Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, and is an equal opportunities employer