We are now inviting applications for the following position
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lending Supervisor to join our member focused credit union and be part of a dynamic lending unit that thrives on team work, organisational development and collaboration to support the financial needs of our members in the local community.
Principle responsibilities of the role:
The Lending Supervisor will report to the Members Services Development Manager will be responsible for the progressive implementation of the TCU Credit Policy and Procedures to maximise responsible lending. The successful applicant will support the Members Services Development Manager in the development and implementation of a growth strategy and the delivery of income targets, in line with the strategic plan, monitoring KPI’s and ensuring alignment to the strategic and operational business goals. The Lending Supervisor will have overall responsibility for the management and efficient operation of the lending function of TCU (as well as online, phone, web, social media applications) ensuring all compliance requirements under legislation and Central Bank guidelines are met.
- Manage the lending function ensuring the balance of both quality and quantity of loans through effective assessment of applications and documentation and a “best in class” underwriting process.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are of the highest standard and are user friendly for all loan types and scenarios.
- Responsible for all lending and underwriting training needs across the operation, coach and mentor to ensure the team reach their full potential.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Officer, ensure that the compliance and regulatory requirements are being adhered to.
- Liaise with key stakeholders around the business to ensure the successful implementation of targets, goals and objectives from the strategic plan.
- Analyse the performance of all products to ensure they are meeting their targeted revenue and margin goals and adjust or terminate underperforming products in a timely manner.
- Provide analytical support and aid decision making. Conducting ad hoc analysis of business challenges, opportunities and implications of changes.
- Develop and implement process efficiencies and ongoing evaluation of all credit processes and systems.
- Facilitate after hours meetings.
- Coach Mentor and review the performance of staff in line with agreed KPI’s and operational metrics.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a result driven business role within financial services.
- Strong credit analysis and underwriting and underwriting experience.
- As a minimum a QFA or equivalent qualification.
- Ability to assess, critically evaluate and interpret complex information and to identify key credit risk drivers.
- Commercial and mortgage underwriting experience.
- Excellent people management, communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive and self – motivated with the ability to adapt to new situations.
- IT skills, with strong database analysis and Microsoft Office capabilities.
- A strong knowledge of financial compliance regulations.
- An appreciation and an awareness of the credit union ethos.
How to Apply
Applications including CV and cover letter by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th February 2019
Flexible working arrangements may be considered, if deemed appropriate for the role on offer, however, any such flexibility may change depending on the business requirements of the Credit Union
Tullamore Credit Union Ltd is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, and is an equal opportunities employer